Ads Header

Pages

Monday, December 14, 2015

Pleasurable Food Trip at Wang Fu Chinese Cafe Serendra


By: Matt Suzara

Last Saturday, my friend and fellow blogger KC Astroboy of What the F invited me to a mini-bloggers' conference at Wang Fu restaurant in Serendra, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig. Yes, I do love to eat but haven't tried reviewing a restaurant, and my first-time experience was a lot of fun. We had the chance to meet and chat with two of Wang Fu's owners Mr. Richard Yap and Mr. Lester Pimintel.  

If you are around the area in Serenda, it is quite intimidating to dine at Wangfu since you'll immediately think that their menu is pricey. But, I was wrong, since they create new dishes with style yet the price is really reasonable and affordable at the same time.  

The place was unique with colorful chopsticks at the center of each table. The ambiance is pretty relaxed and not crowded where you can enjoy and dine peacefully without getting irritated with other customers. Their staffs are also well-groomed and always served us with a smile. 

Now lets head on the menu. First, they served us with Hakaw and Siomai for starters. It was perfect since the meat, and shrimp is compressed and the serving is quite big. The seafood green soup with polonchay was also really good. For me it's already quite a treat since I really love to eat siomai and the soup was amazingly delicious.

Siomai and Hakaw

Seafood Green Soup

The main dishes were all fantastic. I just didn't quite to enjoy the fried rice since I always prefer plain each time. The Crunchy Sweet and Sour Pork with Lychee is good. I loved the taste but just couldn't find the lychee in it.

Next up is the Salted Egg Fried Chicken. It was an amazing dish and a unique one. I think this would be also a great partner with a very cold beer while watching a basketball game.

Crunchy Sweet and Sour Pork with Lychee and Salted Egg Fried Chicken

The Shrimp Tofu with Cheese was also fantastic. It was creamy and full of flavor. I loved how they cooked it as the squid was tender and the tofu is still perfectly in shape. But, my personal favorite and really sealed the deal was the Pork Prawn Floss. I am not a fan of the Pork Floss Bun, but yet I guess the combination with shrimp is absolutely a must try.  It was crunchy and tasty in each bite.

Shrimp Tofu with Cheese

Pork Prawn Floss

After a sumptuous meal, we were also served with the best milk-tea I've ever tasted. I am not a fan milk-tea since I am not a tea person. I've tried a few and liked it, but Wang Fu's version was simply outstanding. They are also having a sweet buy one take one deal which you can avail and try for yourself. 



Overall, Wang Fu is a perfect place for you to experience and dine in with your family and friends. The dishes we've tried were all good and their prices perfectly fit your budget. If you want to try something new and dishes with brand twists from personal combo meals up to their family-sized menu, then Wang Fu is the perfect place for you to dine in. I highly recommend it. Two Thumbs up!

Wang Fu Chinese Cafe  is located at Serendra BGC in Taguig with other branches in Tomas Morato, Il Terrazzo, and UP Town Center.

You can also follow their Facebook at Wang Fu Chinese Cafe  and @WangfuPH on Instagram  


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...